Attorneys in Pretoria handle negligent driver claims daily. A conversation with attorneys in Pretoria will affirm your belief that there are many negligent drivers on the road. These attorneys are the ones handling the personal injury claims to the Road Accident Fund (RAF) for those injured by the careless drivers.
Most of us see negligent drivers as we sit in heavy traffic. On the highway, everybody is holding their speed and moving steadily with the traffic except one foolish driver.
- He is dodging in and out at every chance trying to get one more car ahead.
- He is gripping the wheel and bouncing around checking his mirrors for an opening.
- His body language is screaming for everyone to get out of his way.
- He has a phone stuck to his ear and his mouth is going nonstop.
You would probably give this careless driver a wide berth. Except it would most likely not help and the fool could sideswipe you pushing you into the next lane of traffic. This would leave you looking for attorneys in Pretoria to help you prepare your claim for the RAF so you could recover maximum compensation.
Attorneys in Pretoria Help you Claim
The follow is a list of claims that can be made if a negligent driver injures you:
- Medical expenses
- General damages
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of support
- Funeral expenses
You may wonder why attorneys in Pretoria would be needed if the RAF already has it all worked out for you. But consider that each of those acceptable claims has a list of contingencies and considerations. Also, there is documentation needed and deadlines for filing. And medical examinations have to be scheduled and sometimes hearings held.
Attorneys in Pretoria like Paul Du Plessis Attorneys are familiar with the procedures that will maximize your fair compensation. They will do the work while you recover.
Important Steps If a Negligent Driver Injures You
- Always accept immediate medical treatment even if you do not think your injuries are serious. Some injuries do not show right away and you need that record of treatment.
- Keep a log. Log medical treatments and medications. Log time missed from work and lost wages. Write down expenses including medical, transportation, physical therapy and household help. You will need accurate information to make a fair claim.
- Keep every receipt for all injury related expenses.
- You have 3 years to make a claim with RAF but if you file a claim against an insurance company, you should get that started within 30 days.
Make an appointment with Paul Du Plessis Attorneys in Pretoria who specialise in personal injury claims, including Road Accident Fund claims. Choose a team with a record of success with claims against negligent drivers. Call Paul du Plessis Attorneys in Pretoria on 012 809 1588.